
I've been listening to a few of their songs previously, but Vampire Weekend just released their first full album, which I quickly downloaded from Amazon. And I'm now hooked on it. I have read one description of it being a cross between Paul Simon's Graceland album and the Talking Heads (via Fred Wilson here), and that's a pretty good call. Whatever it sounds like, they are simple, catchy tunes, and I'm digging them. You can hear the 30 second previews on Amazon or iTunes, but you can listen to longer versions at Last.fm.
Rock on.
Update: I just saw these guys are playing a show in Cinci on 2/13. Sadly, that's a Wednesday, and I'll be out of town that day. Sarah, you should go and tell me how they were.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Vampire Weekend - My Favorite Band (this week)
Posted by
Luke H
at
11:55 PM
Labels: music, vampire weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've never heard of The Gypsy Hut.
It's in Northside I think. Dance club.
I saw them on David Letterman last week and listened to their tracks on lastfm. Good stuff!
Post a Comment