Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Texas Honky Tonk

I went out to dinner in Austin with some people from the project. After dinner we went to a club to see Dale Watson.

Dale is bit of a legend in Austin, and a hardworking one. He and his band play at different spots around Austin 5 nights a week (Fri thru Tues), and they often play for 3+ hours without a break. He's a great stage entertainer, and even though I'm not a country fan, I liked his stuff a lot. Kind of a cross between Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard. Reminded me of the music I used to hear in the car with Dad in WV when I was young. (When he wasn't listening to NPR.)

This video from YouTube isn't from the night I saw him, but it is the same place -- The Continental Club.



Here's a song of his I like better, also from YouTube. But you'll have to use the link to go see it. (I think those same people dancing the two-step were at the show I saw.) Whiskey or God

No comments: