Saturday, August 14, 2010

Goodbye to a Dear Friend


We had to say goodbye to Sydney last night. The seizures she started to have last month led to a rapid decline this past week. She went to the vet on Thursday and then to a vet ER and neurologist on Friday. Her condition did not respond to the drug treatments, and by Friday evening there was little hope for her to recover. All of us got to spend some time saying goodbye to her, which was difficult, but we are thankful to have had the opportunity. She wasn't in pain, but she didn't really know we were there. It will be hard not having her with us, but we cherish the time we had with her the past 18 months.

Goodbye, Sydney. We love you.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, how awful. I'm so sad for Sydney and for all of you.

Tom said...

I didn't know about Sydney until my last visit and am only now reading this. That's a really nice tribute to her. I'm glad you had the year and a half together.