
I get the feeling that the passing of childhood is marked by many small and often unnoticed milestones. If that's the case, then this weekend we're having one of those moments at our house.
After 7 years of declining use by our not-so-little ones, we've decided to sell the backyard swingset. A year and a half ago when we had the backyard torn up, the swingset was in a disassembled heap in the back of the yard. We considered getting rid of it then, since the boys almost never used it. But, they begged us to not get rid of it and promised that they would use it more. So we paid to have it put back up again.
But after more than a year of similar non-use, we decided to ditch the expensive lawn ornament. I answered a swingset wanted add on Craigslist, and today those folks are coming to take it away. So we'll have to find someplace else for Cousin Ellie to play when she visits. But other than that, I expect it will hardly be missed.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Childhood
Posted by
Luke H
at
9:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on not hanging on to items that no one uses! I'm sure Cousin Ellie will have ample entertainment options.
Post a Comment