Saturday, August 4, 2007

My Running Partner


Some of you who read this site were kind enough to give me some Amazon gift certificate $$ for my birthday. I used that head start to buy my Garmin Forerunner 305. It's my full time running partner.

It has built in GPS so that is tracks my position and speed during my runs. It can tell me how far I've run, how fast, etc. This version also has a heartrate monitor that works with it (unlike my old 205 model), so I know how close I am to having a heart attack (just kidding). When I get home from my runs, I can download all of the workout data to my pc and track my progress (or lack of progress) over time. The picture here is a map of my route on the run I took today near our house - click on it for a bigger version.

It's not helping my get any faster, but it's definitely a fun gadget to fool around with and makes the runs a bit more fun. Dad has the older 205 model that I bought for him a while back and he uses it on his bike rides. (If anyone would use my old 205, let me know. It's just gathering dust right now.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're already on your second GPS running gadget? And I thought I had a lot of toys!
I'll take your old version please. I don't need a heart rate monitor. I'm exercising, I know my heart is beating fast!

Luke H said...

Sure thing. I'll give it to Rachel when she's here this month.